A couple of important links to share with everyone to keep you updated on the West Fernie Servicing Project:
- Newsletter #5 – gives a quick construction update, overview of what the boundary restructure means, information on connecting to services, and steps for decommissioning septic tanks
- Storm Drainage System Overview – learn more about the goals of the Storm System, the two paths that water follows through the system, and how you can help the system work well
- Sewer Pump Rebate Form – The RDEK is offering a partial rebate for homes within the West Fernie Service Area which, as part of the West Fernie Servicing Project, were required to install a sanitary sewer pump to connect to the community sewer system. This link provides more information and the rebate form should it apply to you.
A couple of other important notes to keep in mind:
- Although the area is in the City, the RDEK will continue to work on the West Fernie project and Elizabeth Ahlgren, Project Supervisor remains the contact person for the project. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-888-478-7335.
- All property owners need to notify their mortgage holders of the change in jurisdiction from the RDEK to City of Fernie. This will ensure that payments made by mortgage companies are directed to the City and avoid penalties for late payment.